Meditation is a process of calming your inner self down. It helps you to be mindful and brings you to a state where you find tranquility and peace. If done correctly, mediation can help you achieve wonders in life. With the fast-paced growth, corporate meditation programs can help corporate employees get their share of deep mindfulness. This initially may be difficult for you, but gradually once you start accepting, it becomes a habit that fills your life with positivity.
Steps to proper meditation
- You can sit or lie down comfortably.
- Close your eyes and try to make sure that there is complete darkness around. Light may distract you.
- You then need to take deep breaths. Hold your breath for a count of two or three and then release. The releasing should be done slowly.
- You should not rush into your inhaling and exhaling process
- Focus your attention to your breathing process.
- You can notice how your body reacts to this breathing process.
- You can notice your chest expanding with every inhale and contracting or releasing stress as you exhale.
- In the meanwhile, you focus might tend to get astray.
- You should not try to deliberately bring it back. You can let it wander places where it wants. Ultimately, it comes back to the focus point.
- Gradually, you will be able to concentrate.
- You can then notice the stillness and calmness your body feels.
- You can notice the tranquility in your face, the back of your head and then inside your body.
- Again, you can concentrate on your breathing process.
- It helps you concentrate more.
- Then you can bring your awareness back to your body.
- This way you will notice the change in your present state of the body as compared to how it was earlier.
- Even if it’s for a duration of ten minutes, it will help you realize the calmness inside.
- Then you can slowly and steadily return to your normal state by opening your eyes.